Among the saddest complaints that the Better Business Bureau receives concern wedding photographers who do not deliver what was promised. The Better Business Bureau serving Greater Iowa, Quad Cities and Siouxland Region is issuing a consumer alert about Keziah Weddings of Urbandale, Iowa, owned by Kevin Caldwell. Keziah Weddings is racking up a number of complaints from heartbroken newlyweds finding it impossible to locate either Mr. Caldwell or their photographs. The company has an F rating with the BBB, due to unanswered complaints that are serious in nature.
The BBB has processed 6 complaints, all with the same desired resolution:delivery of the wedding day photographs. The photographer was paid in full and the unfortunate new couples cannot get the company or Caldwell to deliver the product. The BBB has reached out to the company; however, all of their complaints remain unanswered. If you have been a victim of the company, please contact the BBB.
The vast majority of professional photographers will indeed provide unforgettable images of the special day but it is important to do some research beforehand. The BBB offers the following tips to avoid problems when hiring a wedding photographer:
· Do your research. Research the photographer with the BBB by visiting www.iowa.bbb.org. Check wedding sites to see what other couples are saying. Ask for and call references.
· Schedule Interviews. Interview at least two or three photographers to see what kind of work they do and their pricing.
· Ask if the rights to the pictures are included. Even in a digital age, some photographers charge an extra fee for the rights.
· Who will be photographing your wedding? Ask if the photographer will personally shoot your wedding. Some book multiple weddings and use assistants.
· What is the payment schedule? Ask about deposits and how much is due and when. Paying with a credit card may permit a dispute if problems occur.
· Travel Fees. Some charge a fee if outside their area – be sure to ask.
· How many hours will they shoot? Some photographers will take pictures all day; others will only shoot for a certain time frame and then charge extra.
· Know how long it will take to get your pictures. After your big day,it’s normal to be anxious; confirm how long the pictures will take.
· Refund policy. Check on the refund policy if the wedding is cancelled.
· Get a written contract. Be sure to get everything in writing.
As always, the BBB reminds you to Start With Trust®. Find Business Reviews and consumer advice at www.iowa.bbb.org.
About the BBB. The BBB is an unbiased non-profit organization that sets and upholds high standards for fair and honest business behavior. Businesses that earn BBB Accreditation contractually agree and adhere to the organization’s high standards of ethical business behavior. The BBB Serving Greater Iowa, Quad Cities and Siouxland Region was founded in 1940 and is one of 114 BBBs. Locally, the BBB has over 3,500 Accredited Businesses and provides reports and on companies throughout the state. Contact the BBB at 1-800-BBB-1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.